Reopening Studio 22
As we anticipate the gradual reopening of our studio, we wanted to share a few of our thoughts and rollout plans with you.
We want to assure you that we are planning to reopen the studio gradually, taking the necessary precautions to preserve our dance community's health and safety. We've incorporated the protocols recommended by the CDC & the state of Texas.
Phase 1 (May 18):
During the remainder of May, we will fully transition back to streaming online classes from the studio, and will allow limited private lessons and wedding lessons on a reservation basis only.
Phase 2 (June 1):
We will begin allowing limited attendance for in-studio group classes, with livestream classes available online for students who prefer to learn from home. Private lessons, wedding lessons, and student practice will be available on a limited reservation basis. Click the button below for details on in-studio health & safety protocol.
What's New, What to Expect:
Not only have we gone through renovations to update our studio with new touchless features, we will strongly be adhering to distancing practices, implementing protocols to enter the studio, limiting the number of people in our facility, as well continuing rigorous cleaning and sanitation.
Before Traveling to Studio 22
• Complete a Self Assessment before you arrive. If you have any of the following symptoms, please stay home:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Repeated shaking with chills
• Muscle pain
• Sore throat
• Loss of taste or smell
• Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0°F
• Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
• You will need a mask that covers your nose & mouth.
• We recommend arriving early to allow ample time for check in.
New Safety Features At Studio 22
• Touchless bathroom features
Our beautiful new bathrooms have been completely renovated and equipped with hands-free door openers, touchless faucets, touchless soap dispensers, and touchless paper towel dispensers.
• Air filtration system with medical-grade PECO technology
The PECO technology and filtration system has been designed to capture and destroy airborne viruses and meets the rigorous performance criteria outlined in FDA guidelines for use in helping destroy the COVID-19 virus. Four of these devices have been added to the studio for air purification.
• HEPA medical-grade air filtration system
Why stop at one air filtration system when we can provide two? These units will scrub the air every 15 minutes. The high-efficiency air filters remove 99.97% of particles down to the 0.1 micron, including bacteria and virus carriers. Five of these units have been added to the studio to help clean the air.
• Anti-microbial door openers
We’re adding custom Microshield arm pulls to all interior doors in the studio, including ballrooms & bathrooms. These handles can be opened with your forearm and have an anti-microbial coating to inhibit the spread of germs and bacteria.
• Hand sanitizing stations
Located at the entrance of the ballrooms for your convenience.
• 6-foot distancing floor markers
As a way to help maintain a safe distance awareness, we have floor markers placed around the studio.
• Touch points minimized
To help prevent virus spread, we have removed all tables and chairs from the studio.
• Health declaration
Safety Protocols & What To Expect
• Temperature checks
Before entering the studio, a Team Member will be checking your temperature with a touchless thermometer. If your temperature is 100.0° F or above, you won’t be permitted to enter the studio.
• Hand sanitizer
Must be applied before entering the studio.
• Face masks
All dancers must have their nose and mouth covered in common areas of the studio, (reception area, walkways and bathrooms). We won’t be providing these, so please bring your own. Face masks during class will be optional so students can decide on their own comfort level.
• Touchless check-in & transactions
A Team Member will check all students into class. If you’d like to make in-studio purchases, please make sure you have an updated credit/debit card on your account. (You can update this through your app.) Please note all retail and shoe sales will be final, and we will not be accepting cash payments.
• Plastic bags for personal items
Please limit the number of items you bring to the studio to what is necessary (dance shoes, wallet, water, a smaller bag for personal items). Clear plastic bags will be provided for your personal items once you enter the studio.
• Designated dance space during class
We have designated individual dance areas slightly larger than 8’ x 8’ space for each student or couple that attends class. There will also be marked walkways on the perimeter of the dance floor to access the restrooms.
• No partner rotation
Class material will be tailored to both single dancers and dancers with partners, but during this time there will be no partner rotation. We encourage students to attend class even without a partner, as it’s a great way to meet people whom you may feel comfortable pairing with for future classes.
We ask that you stay home if you are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms, regardless of cause.
• Clean, sanitize, repeat
Signing Up for In-Studio Group Classes
• Weekly sign-up every Sunday at 12:00 PM
Until we are open at full capacity, things will be a little different when signing up for in-studio classes. Because of distancing protocols, we are limiting the number of students in each class. Attendance will be available on a first come, first served basis, so be sure to get your request in early. It’s easy to reserve your spot:
• Sign-up opens every Sunday at 12:00 PM for the upcoming week (Monday – Sunday).
• You can use Membership or Flex Package credits to attend in-studio classes. Livestream packages can only be used for livestream classes.
• Submit your requests through our online form (website only, not available through the app). Specify the classes you would like to take during that week and let us know if you will be attending with a dance partner or as a singer dancer.
• You will receive an email notification of your reserved and/or waitlisted classes.
• Didn’t get in the class you wanted?
No Problem! We’ve got you covered.
• When you register, you will have the option of being added to the waitlist if the class is full.
• If a spot opens up, we will automatically add you to the class and you will receive an email notification. If it’s within 2 hours of the class start time, our Front Desk Team will call you to confirm.
• If you did not get in a waitlisted class, a class credit will not be used.
• Need to cancel a class or a waitlist request?
Plans change all the time – we understand. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
• All cancellation requests must be submitted 24 hours BEFORE the class start time. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 972.490.0022.
• If a class is cancelled after the deadline, a class credit will be deducted from your account (this will be strictly enforced due to limited class capacity, we appreciate your understanding).
Arriving for Class
• Arrive 15 minutes early
We will scan your temperature, make sure you have your face mask, require you to use our hand sanitizer, check you into class, and of course, give you your name tag.
• Choose your dance space
The early bird catches the worm: If you have a favorite spot on the floor, be sure to arrive early to secure your dance space. There will be a set grid for each ballroom. Check-ins start 15 mins before class.
• Late arrivals
If you will be arriving late, please contact the studio and let them know no later than 10 minutes before the class, and we will hold the spot for you. If we haven’t heard from you, it’s possible that your space could be given to another dancer. Please know that arriving late can delay getting you checked into class on time, and you may have to wait until the class has begun.
• Limited waiting area
There will be a few spaces in the reception area to wait, as well as designated areas outside the studio. If it’s hot or rainy, feel free to wait in your car after you’ve checked in.
• Entry into the ballrooms
5 minutes before class, all dancers will be let into the ballroom to get set up for class.
• Please be mindful of 6-foot distancing
We ask that you maintain safe distancing while in the studio except with your designated dance partner.
• All in-studio classes will be livestreamed
Don’t worry if you’re camera shy – we will only be filming the instructors while they teach.
• Have a question during class?
Just raise your hand and the instructor will call on you.
• Restroom use during class
We have designated walkways to maintain distancing. Just be sure to put on your mask before you leave your designated dance area.
• After class
Private / Wedding Lessons
• Self Screening
We ask the at you stay home if you are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms, regardless of cause.
• Upon arrival your instructor will greet you at the door
Please wait outside for your instructor to escort you to a ballroom once safety checks have been made.
• Be prepared for a staff member to take your temperature.
Before entering the studio we will be checking your temperature with a touchless thermometer. If 100.0° F or above, you won’t be permitted to enter the studio.
• Hand sanitizer
Must be applied before entering the studio. We will provide this for you.
• Wear a mask or face covering in common areas.
All dancers must have their nose and mouth covered in common areas of the studio, and optionally during your lesson. We won’t be providing these, so please bring your own.
• Keep yourself, staff, and fellow dancers safe.
You’ll see signs placed around the studio with guidance on how to maintain a safe distance.
• No hanging out in studio before or after a lesson.
In order to facilitate health protocol and occupancy guidelines we will not be able to allow additional time to hang out in the studio before or after your lesson. If you would like to book personal practice time, please contact the Front Desk Team for studio availability.