Front Desk Team Member
You're a rock star team member with a talent for connecting with people and a sense of humor (we laugh a lot). You thrive on clear direction and responsibility. Attention to the small stuff is what makes the big stuff work, and you're ready to jump in to lend a helping hand whenever it's needed. Making a difference in the lives of people keeps you motivated. Sound like you? Keep reading!
Our Front Desk Team Members provide the first impression of our dance studio to current students and first-time guests. Their key responsibilities include:
- Creating & maintaining relationships with potential and current students and other team members
- Providing top-notch customer service
- Guiding students with class selections, membership questions, and merchandise purchases
- Communicating with other team members (including peers & supervisors) and students via phone, email, writing, and in person in a timely, efficient, and respectful manner
- Ensuring a clean and welcoming atmosphere at all times
- Have flexibility with schedule, able to work weekends, holidays, daytime, or evening*
- Strong customer service skills
- Availability for 3 – 5 shifts each week (at least one on the weekend)
- Friendly, outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction
- Exhibit enthusiasm for the studio and for the job
- Must be a patient, courteous listener, able to show empathy
- Respond to clients request with a can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritize and work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to type 40+ wpm
- Have an eye for detail and care for the studio's appearance and cleanliness
- Work as a cohesive team with all Studio 22 staff members to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Passionate about building a strong, inclusive culture
- Previous fitness industry, hospitality, and/or full service/fine dining restaurant experience a plus
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old to apply
ABOUT STUDIO 22:
Studio 22 is partner dancing re-imagined. With over 120 group classes each month, weekly socials, master classes & workshops, private & wedding lessons, showcases, & outings, there's something for everyone. Our expert pros are here to coach, teach, encourage, motivate - whatever you need to meet your goals.
Every day, our students dance to build confidence, meet new people, burn calories, release stress, get inspired, and transform their lives.
Our 90-minute adult partner classes are offered in beginning through competitive levels, and include Salsa, Swing, Tango, Country Western, Ballroom, Latin, & more styles. You don't need a partner or experience to get started - come as you are, and we'll have you out on the dance floor in no time.
We offer flexible scheduling, provide training and room for growth in a fun, relaxed environment. Taking care of our people is integral to the success of our business!
PAY: $10.00 - $14.00/hour, depending on experience
HOURS: Part-Time, 20 – 25 hours/week. (3 – 5 shifts, weekday afternoons/evenings & weekends)
*SCHEDULE: Part Time. M – F, daytime & evenings. Saturday, daytime & evening. Sunday, 11 AM – 6 PM. Saturday AND Sunday availability required for this position.
TO APPLY: Please use the link above to apply through our Indeed job posting. No phone calls, texts, e-mails, or faxes.
COVID-19 considerations: Yes, we're currently hiring!
Studio 22 is always accepting resumes for Staff Instructors. Styles offered by the studio include:
- International Standard
- International Latin
- American Smooth
- American Rhythm
- Club Latin (Salsa, Bachata, Merengue)
- Country Western
- Argentine Tango
- West Coast Swing
- other Swing styles (Hustle, etc.)
The studio may also be open to additional styles. If you are interested in joining the staff of Studio 22, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following items:
- Your professional/dance resume, including previous professional experience
- Cover letter
- Head shots
- Video footage of your dancing
View the full job description.